Cancer Research UK are excited to announce a brand new series of 10k running events taking place across some of the UKs most challenging terrain. The adrenaline packed ‘Tough 10’ events promise to push endurance levels to the limit as participant’s brave the elements.
Runners face nature’s forces alone in this no obstacles challenge. The events are all about credible running and will pitch participants against thigh-burning hills, muddy declines and uneven rocky landscape. Every hill conquered and every penny raised goes towards pioneering research, helping people affected by cancer right now.
With three different levels of difficulty (‘tough’, ‘tougher’ and ‘toughest’), participants can choose their ultimate 10k running challenge from 10 breathtaking locations.
The first event at Hadleigh Park in Essex sold out and saw hundreds of runners taking on the rocky inclines of the Olympic mountain bike course and raising thousands of pounds for life-saving research.
Clive Sanders, Head of Events at Cancer Research UK said “we are extremely excited to be launching a new series of running events in some of the most iconic locations across the country. With three levels of challenge there is something for everyone, from regular trail runners to first timers. These are definitely not events to be aiming for a new PB. This will be a tough challenge to take on whilst raising money for the vital work that Cancer Research UK scientists are carrying out right now in the U.K.”
Get tough on cancer and tackle the terrain this autumn.
For more information and to sign up go to cruk.org/tough10
About Tough 10
• Tough 10 is Cancer Research UK’s new 10k event series taking place from September – November 2016. The events challenge participants to take on some of the UK’s toughest terrain.
• Participants can choose from 10 events across the country – Peak District, London, Edinburgh, Chilterns, Cheshire, Leeds, Nottingham, Staffordshire, Box Hill and South Wales.
• All events are chip timed.
• The event is open to men and women aged over 16.
• There are 3 levels of difficulty available – Tough, Tougher and Toughest.
• Entry fee is £20.00
• For details visit cruk.org/tough10
About Cancer Research UK
• Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research.
• Cancer Research UK’s pioneering work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives.
• Cancer Research UK receives no government funding for its life-saving research. Every step it makes towards beating cancer relies on every pound donated.
• Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival in the UK double in the last forty years.
• Today, 2 in 4 people will still be alive 10 years or more after a cancer diagnosis. Cancer Research UK’s ambition is to accelerate progress so that by 2034, 3 in 4 people will still be alive 10 years or more after a cancer diagnosis.
• Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses.
• Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK’s vision is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
For further information about Cancer Research UK’s work or to find out how to support the charity, please call 0300 123 1022 or visit www.cancerresearchuk.org. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.