Terms & Conditions
By entering the 2021 Shrewsbury Half Marathon you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
• Entrants must be 17 years or older on race day to enter The Shrewsbury Half Marathon.
• This race is registered with UK Athletics. Runners must abide by the UK Athletics rules. You can find our licence here.
• If the 2021 race has to be cancelled then you will have the choice to
a) defer your place to 2022.
b) receive a 50% refund and take part in the 2021 virtual event.* This is not applicable to participants who entered in 2020 as you will have already taken part, or had the opportunity to take part in the 2020 virtual as well as having your place deferred to 2021.
• You are able to transfer your place free of charge up to Friday September 24th 2021.
• Any participant who has deferred their 2020 place to 2021 and can not particpate for any reason, you are able to transfer your place to someone else. Simply go to www.entryhub.co.uk, login and update your details to the new participants.
• The race organisers reserve the right to refuse or cancel applications including duplicate applications.
• All decisions and rulings by the Organiser shall be final in respect of the safety, running and organisation of the Event, the rules of the Event and finish times and positions.
• The Participant accepts that circumstances concerning the Event may change and these may lead to the cancellation or change of the Event, venue(s), route(s) or other such changes. The Participant agrees to abide by such change(s) and acknowledges that any decision is entirely at the discretion of the Organiser.
• Runners participate at their own risk entirely and we will encourage participants to abide to Social distancing and current government guidelines.
• The race organisers, sponsors, charities, suppliers and/or their agents will not be liable for any injury, loss or expense which may arise in consequence of your participation in any of our events (live or virtual).
• All runners are required to complete the contact and medical details form on the back of their race number in case of medical emergency on race day for the 2021 event.
• Your name will be included in the list of runners and shown on race results.
• In the event of any dispute the decision of the Race Referee and Race Director shall be final for live and virtual events.
• The race organisers will share data with service providers to the extent necessary to provide event services. The organiser will share with associated race charities data on the athletes fundraising for those charities.
• There is a cut-off time of 2 hours and 45 minutes for this event.
• Our terms and conditions are reviewed periodically and we reserve the right to amend them accordingly. You are expected to review this page, to be aware of any changes.
• If you have run the 2020 virtual but no longer wish to run the 2021 event, no refund will be given. You are able to transfer your place as stated above.