Terms & Conditions
By entering the 2021 Shrewsbury Half Marathon you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
• Entrants must be 17 years or older on race day to enter The Shrewsbury Half Marathon.
• This race is registered with UK Athletics. Runners must abide by the UK Athletics rules. You can find our licence here.
• If the 2021 race has to be cancelled then you will have the choice to
a) defer your place to 2022.
b) receive a 50% refund and take part in the 2021 virtual event.
• You are able to transfer your place free of charge up to 4 weeks before the event. This is up to and including September 12th 2021.
• Any participant who has deferred their 2020 place to 2021 and can not particpate for any reason, you are able to transfer your place to someone else. There will be a fee of £2.50 for this payable upon transfer.
• The race organisers reserve the right to refuse or cancel applications including duplicate applications.
• Runners participate at their own risk entirely and we will encourage participants to abide to Social distancing and current government guidelines.
• The race organisers, sponsors, charities, suppliers and/or their agents will not be liable for any injury, loss or expense which may arise in consequence of your participation in any of our events (live or virtual).
• All runners are required to complete the contact and medical details form on the back of their race number in case of medical emergency on race day for the 2021 event.
• Your name will be included in the list of runners and shown on race results.
• In the event of any dispute the decision of the Race Referee and Race Director shall be final for live and virtual events.
• The race organisers will share data with service providers to the extent necessary to provide event services. The organiser will share with associated race charities data on the athletes fundraising for those charities.
• There is a cut-off time of 2 hours and 45 minutes for this event.
• Our terms and conditions are reviewed periodically and we reserve the right to amend them accordingly. You are expected to review this page, to be aware of any changes.
• If you have run the 2020 virtual but no longer wish to run the 2021 event, no refund will be given. You will be able to transfer your place at a charge of £2.50 for administration.