Residents Guide to the Shrewsbury Half Marathon 2017
The Shrewsbury Half Marathon returns to the town on June 18th starting at 9am. We expect over 1500 runners. The details below are at an early stage and will be updated as more details become available.
- We operate a rolling road closure meaning as the last runner passes we open the roads.
- Many roads used by the course will be open within one or two hours of the start of the race at 9am. This will subsequently open up large areas of the Town.
- The Welsh Bridge is estimated to be open within an hour of the start (9am) and is a route into Town.
- Be careful in areas of shared road use. This is where the race route directly meets open roads. These include Ellesmere Road and Huffley Lane.
- Residents of Coton Hill will be able to leave the estate as a Stop & Go point will be manned by the Traffic Management team.
- If you have any queries or concerns about any of the road closures detailed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.