Hello Everyone! First off… thank you so much for showing interest in the Run the Boroughs Challenge! I am still early days in training but your support is giving me some much needed motivation!
Run every borough in London over a weekend (with your help!). 160km in total.
I am setting to do the challenge the weekend of August 6 and 7th. Will be starting quite early as it will be about 9 hours of running each day!
What Can YOU Do
Run a borough with me!
Tell people about the challenge– always looking for more helpers/runners!
Donate to my CrisisUK JustGiving page
If you happen to know a sports masseuse who is willing to make house calls, send them my way!
Running Your Borough
I have broken down the race into 4 sections, covering 2 sections a day. I will list the boroughs I am running in order and also provide a link to the Google Map on the next page-with your name next to the borough you said you’d like to run with me. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and borough of choice.
I have mapped out a route in every borough with one of two ideas:
- I start the next run right after
- I end near a method of public transportation which I can then take to the next run
Basically the run would go down like this:
- I met you at the start of the run
- You take me on a run of your lovely borough and have a chat (yes this means you are in charge of leading!) This will not be fast, think 10-12 minute mile pacing!
- At the end, we shake hands, get a selfie (maybe I give you a token of appreciation in the form of a button or buff) and I head off to my next run
Day One (Morning) map (view map)
- Havering -Liz?
- Barking & Dagenham
- Waltham Forest – Melanie M
- Haringey – Coren H
- Camden – @RunnersKnees
Day One (Afternoon) map (view map)
- Islington – @punkymoose
- Tower Hamlets
- Lewisham – Dave Keeley
- Bromley – @fleur_runs
- Southwark – @t0sh
Day Two (Morning) map (view map)
- Lambeth – Ciara F
- Croydon- Emma Murray (FB)
- Sutton – Miranda R
- Merton – SeeknPlay
- Wandsworth – Ciara F
- Richmond on Thames
Day Two (Afternoon) map (view map)
- Hammersmith & Fulham
- Kensington & Chelsea