This year, for the very first time, Strava – the world’s leading digital platform for athletes – will partner with the Hackney Half as Official Run Partner to elevate the pre-event and event day experience.
The partnership will include an exclusive, one-of-a-kind training event on 4th May to help runners stay on-track ahead of race day on 22nd May. The training run along part of the Hackney Half route will give a taste of what to expect, plus Team Strava’s coaches will share their top tips on how to prepare and conquer the half marathon in a live Q&A.
On race day, runners will be supported along every stride with the help of the Strava Pacers; starting with a pre-race ‘meet-up’ at Strava’s Kudos Corner in Festival Village on Hackney Marshes.
Once on the 13.1 mile route through the streets of East London, Strava will motivate runners with the ‘Kudos KM’ Segment Challenge and Cheer Zone near the finish line.
The benefits don’t end there. Join the Hackney and Strava communities to relax and rejuvenate in the Strava ‘Kudos Corner’ post run, and celebrate those incredible achievements. Stay up-to-date with the latest news and unlock exclusive rewards for free by joining the Hackney Moves Strava Club.
Saturday’s main event, the Hackney 5K, is primed and ready for the next generation of runners aged 13 and above who want that special finish line feeling! The free event is the perfect starter challenge for young and newbie runners.
You don’t have to be a runner to enjoy the day! Festival Village on Hackney Marshes plays host to an array of pre-race warm ups and mobility masterclasses. Or get a sweat on with Fight Klub boxing classes, a high tempo HITT class and many other fitness sessions throughout the day!
The Hackney Moves Fitness Festival line-up includes:
- FiiT- join the number one fitness app live on stage, for this post run recovery stretch
- Victus Soul – hit, box, run, recover with Victus Soul – a recipe for the ultimate workout!
- HulaFit – a fun and exciting fitness class that utilises hula hoops, mega bass and beats and your dancing feet to get you fit, fit, FIT!
- Urban Touch Carnival Group – bringing together all cultures of the community through arts, dance, music and entertainment!
- Morning Gloryville – the original morning dance and wellness experience!
- Fight Klub – the high intensity fun workout that makes getting in shape an addiction. Set to music, the programme is a combination of boxing, kick boxing and dance.
- Retroglow Studios – friendly, unique & upbeat retro fitness & dance classes.
- FunkFit – the dance fitness class which uses Funk, Soul, Disco and Motown to create a truly unique and exhilarating fitness experience.
- AzontoBox – an Afro beats-inspired aerobic high impact fit class created by Edem Kojo.
- Fitzroy Gaynes – the international fitness presenter will be leading his own unique workout!
The return of MARKET ON THE MARSHES will also bring together a multitude of Hackney borough’s most exciting markets, breweries, and start-ups for one big pop-up retail celebration open to the public all weekend.
Sunday is the Hackney Half race day – London’s largest and most vibrant half marathon returns. With DJs and live music at every mile, there’ll be beats to keep runners moving across the finish line and on to Festival Village where the main stage will host a truly epic collaboration of high-energy playlists, dynamic stretching and race euphoria!
Spectators are invited down to support the runners along the buzzing 13.1 mile route and soak-up the festival vibes, with a diverse line up of fitness programming devoted to the sport of running.