The Suunto Race family is growing: Presenting the Suunto Race Amethyst in titanium, the Suunto Race Midnight and the Suunto Race Birch in stainless steel.
The Suunto Race was the new star in the Suunto family at the end of 2023 and now the Finns are continuing their success story with three more colour options. The new members of the Suunto Race family have the same product benefits as their sister models Suunto Race Charcoal in titanium and Race All Black in stainless steel, which were launched in October 2023.
The SUUNTO RACE GPS sports watch with large AMOLED display, sapphire crystal, innovative training features and detailed offline maps is designed for athletes who want to improve their performance and challenge themselves. A sports watch for training, competition and the time in between. Since its launch, users around the world have generated astonishing figures: they have run 830,000 kilometres, cycled 353,000 kilometres,, climbed 36 million metres and tracked their activity for a total of 247,000 hours.
“In everyday life, I prefer simple colours. But when I’m doing sport, I like it to be flashy, because I feel more like I’m in race mode. A little splash of colour on the wrist
that not only awakens the desire for spring, but also motivates for fast runs.” Kimi Schreiber, Trailrunner
This new model is impressive across the board, as the SUUNTO RACE presents itself
with a high-resolution 1.43″ AMOLED display and a digital crown that makes accessing
the numerous functions quick and easy. To boost confidence on the starting line, the
watch comes with improved training metrics. With SUUNTO RACE, one can track their
training, recovery and progress easily. By measuring heart rate variability, HRV, one can
assess their recovery state and compare their latest values to long-term HRV, and
analyse if their recovery is being compromised. The free, detailed maps can be
downloaded directly onto the watch so that athletes can always find their route, even
SUUNTO RACE has an impressive battery life: With 40 hours non-stop training including
exact GPS tracking, and up to 26 days in daily mode. SUUNTO RACE comes in a titanium
and a stainless steel version. Both models are tested according to Suunto standards,
they are military tested, and they withstand weather conditions from -20° C to +55° C.
The watch is equipped with a robust sapphire crystal glass and is water resistant up to
Extra software update are available around the start of the calendrical spring. This
update will provide more detailed training analyses in the Suunto app, new SuuntoPlus
apps for training and racing, significant improvements in route planning and smaller
optimizations that make you want more.
Suunto Race key features
- High-resolution 1.43″ AMOLED display
- Digital crown for quick and easy menu navigation
- HRV (heart rate variability) measurement
- Advanced training metrics
- Free outdoor offline maps on the watch
- Very good battery life of 40 hours with accurate GPS tracking and 10 days in daily mode. Fully charged in just 2h.
- Market leading accuracy with dual band GNSS system
- Made of titanium or stainless steel with sapphire crystal
- Weight: the titanium model 69 g and the steel model 78 g
- Tested to highest military standard for ruggedness (MIL-STD-810H) /from -20° C to +55° C
- Software updates via the Internet
- Waterproof up to -100 m (10 ATM)
- 95 sport modes to choose from and the option to create your own modes
- Price: £389 (stainless steel) and £479 (titanium)
- Accessories: Suunto 22 mm Athletic 5 silicone wristband – £49 / 4 colours and Smart heart rate strap £80
Another addition to the SUUNTO family: SUUNTO Wing headphones £169 with bonesound
technology, which were launched in October 2023, will have a little sibling. The
new Suunto Sonic open-ear sports headphones are a more budget-friendly version
(£129) for maximum sound enjoyment.
At 31g, the Suunto Sonic made of titanium and silicone has a slimmer look, due to the
absence of LED lights on the sides. It is ideal for high-intensity sports and wearing a
helmet or cap is no problem at all. Light rain or sweat cannot damage it per IP55
certification. Stay tuned.