Al Masmak, Saturday, February 8th 2020 – Thanks to his second stage success this week after an impressive sprint, Phil Bauhaus made history by becoming the first ever overall winner of the Saudi Tour. The final day was indeed decided in a bunched sprint in Al Masmak. Led out in style by his prestigious Bahrain-McLaren team mate Mark Cavendish, the German conquered the win ahead of Nacer Bouhanni (Arkéa-Samsic) and Arvid de Kleijn (Riwald Readynez Cycling Team). Bauhaus finishes first of the general classification with a 2’’ advantage over Bouhanni and 13’’ over Rui Costa.
1. Phil Bauhaus (Bahrain-McLaren) 03h18’57’’
2. Nacer Bouhanni (Team Arkéa-Samsic) +00’’
3. Arvid de Kleijn (Riwal Readynez Cycling Team) +00’’
1. Phil Bauhaus (Bahrain-McLaren)
2. Nacer Bouhanni (Team Arkéa-Samsic) +02’’
3. Rui Costa (UAE Team Emirates) +13’’